Exfoliative cheilitis returns with a vengeance

Hi!

I thought I had it under control. For a long time I used to wake with hard keratinous lips which would peel in the course of the day and I would then at least have the afternoon with normal lips; no cracking or bleeding. Suddenly last Wednesday I was too busy to keep them properly moisturized, maybe that was the trigger. On Thursday after the peeling the strips of skin would not loosen at the part where lip meets skin and the contact points were oozing wound liquid. The skin around the mouth was red and itching. Friday I woke up cracking and bleeding.


Now, on Sunday afternoon, suddenly great flaps of skin started peeling off and now my lips seem pretty normal even if they are red, as if I have lipstick on, and they are very sensitive to salt, texture and temperature. I am keeping them well moisturized and am hoping for the best. 
lipcare






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exfoliative cheilitis update; I have found a cure!

An unknown cause of misery: exfoliative cheilitis (chronic peeling & cracking of the lips)

Splitting nails