Here is my plan for getting fit(ter) in 2016!

Hi!

Do you have the same feeling as I do, after the Christmas days (turkey, salmon and brie) and the New Year's celebration (champagne, Dutch "oliebollen" (lit. "greaseballs", a kind of doughnut without a hole) and lots of snacks)? It is not so much the eating of a lot of good food, but I am more feeling the lack of exercise.....So my New Year's intention is getting fit(ter).


This is a pic of me on the 2nd of January 2016.

Not too bad but definitely needing some exercise!

So here is my plan for getting fit(ter). I am starting on Monday the 18th of January.

1. GOAL: I do not want to lose weight, as at my 65 kg at 1.80m I have a good weight. I just want to redistribute it a bit... more muscle, that is. Less fat. So right now I am interested in a fat analyzer, however, since I am out of money after all the presents, I am not buying it outright but I am bidding on it in the penny auctions, where I can hopefully get one at max 23% of the retail price.

To find out how you do that (and mind you, look at the WOW auctions!! You won't believe it!) Find my name there, because I have won several times (Topcat2015). Here is the link: Pricebenders penny auctions. Until I win I will stick to the tried-and-true method of pinching my underarm.



 tripleclicks.com

Body Fat Tester AccuFitness Accu-Measure Fitness 3000 -- 1 — €16.56 (Save 7%!)



AccuFitness Accu-Measure Fitness 3000 Description Personal Body Fat Tester with Instructions, Measurement Tables and Body Fat Tracking Charts Personal and athletic trainers, coaches, doctors, and nutritionists recommend the periodic measurement of body fat for maintaining proper fitness & conditioning. Enjoy the ability to measure body fat easily, by yourself, in the privacy of your own home, with the reliability and accuracy that you expect from world class training tools. Recommended in Body-for-LIFE and endorsed by the World Natural Bodybuilding Federation, Accu-Measure® Personal Body Fat Testers have gold standard accuracy to within 1.1% of underwater weighing results! No more underwater weighing or expensive testing required for body fat measurement! Read this clinical study on the validity of self-assessment techniques for estimating body fat percentage, then download a clinical study demonstrating the accuracy and ease of use of the AccuMeasure Personal Body Fat Testers. Each Accu-Measure® Fitness 3000 model comes with: An original Accu-Measure® Personal Body Fat Tester Body Fat Measurement Instructions Men's and Women's Body Fat Measurement Charts Body Fat Tracking Charts with the Right Way to Weigh Questions and Answers on Body Fat and Calipers and Body Fat Tips.
20.45 USD InStock

2. PROGRAM: Training is only useful if you actually carry it out. That is why I never set my goals too high! Therefore I will start building up my training program as follows:

*First and second week: 10 min short but intense weight workout for arms, legs and abs daily, but different exercises every day in the first 2 weeks (since it is snowing heavily I will leave the outside exercise for later). Also a half hour fast walk 3x a week. I keep score of what I actually do in my agenda. Here also I have my sights on a smart watch to track my activities, for I do not have one yet.



* For the 3rd and 4th week: Alternating every day: 15 min intense weight workout and 15 min. cardio training. Depending on the weather this will be at the gym or outside. I will do interval training. There are many types but I will stick to my current favorite: start with 5 min easy jogging; short walk; 150 m sprint; 100 m walk, repeat 3 times, maybe build up to more reps if I feel like it.

* Fifth and sixth week: now I should be breathing easier when running and exercising and even seeing some effect in the mirror. These weeks I should be up to 20 minutes alternating weight training and cardio exercise, again either outside if possible or on a running band at the gym.
After the 6th week I will evaluate and start up a new program.



 tripleclicks.com

New 7 Inch notebook Android laptop HDMI Laptop inch Dual core Android 4.4 VIA 8880 1.5GHZ — €117.98 (Save 47%!)


Features: 7" LCD screen cheap netbook, with 800*600 pixel resolution Personal online entertainment& learning assistant Get Internet anywhere covered by WiFi hot spots Supports audio & video multi-media playback Built-in earphones jack and internal speakers for your preference Supports extensible SD card up to 32GB Android 4.4 jelly bean sandwich operating system VIA WM8880 CPU,Dual core 1.5GHz, Cortex-A9; GPU: Mali-400 Support download app for google play store Support Flash 11 1080P video supported, HDMI TV out Front Camera Item specifics Brand Name: BDF Item Type: Tablet PC Google Play: Yes Processor Model: VIA8880 Dual core Supporting Language: Portuguese,Greek,Swedish,English,Spanish,Japanese,Polish,Italian,Chinese,Turkish,Hebrew,Russian,German,French,Ukrainian Extend Port: Earphone Jack,USB,OTG,DC Jack,SD Card,HDMI,RJ45 Processor Manufacture: VIA Tablet Data Capacity: 4GB Feature: Ultra Slim,OTG Package: Yes Touch Screen Type: Capacitive Screen Screen Size: 7" Processor Core: Dual Core Operating System: Android 4.4 Panel Type: TN Display resolution: 800x480 Front Webcam Pixels: 0.3MP Item Condition: New Net Weight: 500g Camera: Front Camera Other Model: BDF Memory Capacity: 512MB Network Communiction: Wifi Cell Capacity: 3800Mah features: ultra-thin convenient Processor Main Frequency: Dual Core Network Communiction: Bluetooth, Wifi Feature: HDMI
145.66 USD InStock

3. WISHLIST: I have two items either of which I would really like to buy for at home, but really do not have the money for: a Crossfit trainer or a running band. I hate cycling, otherwise a stationary bike would have been an alternative. What I have already bought though and are really happy with is two items: regular 2 pounds weights and ankle/wrist weights. I have 2 pairs and use them both on my ankles and my wrists. I plan to buy some heavier weights, but that will have to wait until week 6!

4. GOOD INTENTIONS: I will record my progress every week. I will even record the specific exercises I have been doing-maybe it will help you find inspiration. Coming up next: How I remain motivated for training. 

Update 17th January: I have kind of sneak-started with doing 10 min of exercise and a 23 min power walk through the snow. Just to get warmed-up. See ya tomorrow!

Update 6 March 2018: still exercising every day!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exfoliative cheilitis update; I have found a cure!

An unknown cause of misery: exfoliative cheilitis (chronic peeling & cracking of the lips)

Splitting nails